Monday, September 15, 2014

Atonement

"And they viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created Heaven and Earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men." (Mosiah 4:2)

I let my guard down. I slipped up. I made it almost a month and a half, but I was white knuckling. I realize that I need to work harder on my recovery. I have made an appointment to see a professional councilor. I look forward to this. I am going spend time every day working in my 12 step addiction recovery book; not just reading, but taking notes, and answering the questions. I am going to talk to my Bishop. I have made a commitment to my wife to always let her know if I slip, and to never lie to her. I realize that I am powerless to beat this on my own. I am trying to let the atoning blood of Christ purify my heart. 

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment